Do you want to take your internship experience to new heights? Does innovation and helping people sound rewarding? Make it happen with the Vertex internship program.
At Vertex, learning by doing is what we’re all about. As an intern with us, you will have the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will learn from some of the brightest people in the industry, while working on projects geared toward helping you obtain real life experience. And while you’re gaining that experience, you’ll see firsthand why Science Magazine named us a Top Employer in 2011.
"I so desperately wanted to work here. This summer has been the turning point of my career. It has been my foundation and a real life memory"
Neerali S, Intern - DMPK
"My experience as an intern at Vertex was remarkable! The work was fascinating and rewarding because at the end of the day, this company delivers life-changing medicines to patients who need them. The culture of the company is unique and vibrant because it maintains a set of core values that each employee exemplifies every day. It was a great summer, and I would highly recommend an internship at Vertex to anyone who wants a rich opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry at a company filled with people who really do care, a company that is different than all the others."
Spencer L.- Intern Clinical Planning
The Vertex Internship Program offers you the opportunity to be part of a unique, fast-paced, and innovative pharmaceutical company – one that is focused on creating new possibilities in medicine, so people with serious diseases can lead better lives.
- Vertex has internship opportunities for students pursuing undergraduate degrees as well as advanced degrees
- Assignments are 10-12 weeks in duration
- Interns are designated to a specific project, manager and mentor for the duration of the program
- Projects are developed by each Intern Manager and are designed to offer hands-on experiential learning opportunities that benefit both the intern and Vertex
- Interns participate in training programs, networking events and Vertex-sponsored activities
- Interns work on a summer poster project outside of their normal work profile. The project is completed individually and presented to executive management at the conclusion of the program
- Intern will be a assigned a manager and a mentor to help guide them through the intern program
In order to be eligible for an internship at Vertex:
- You should be currently enrolled in a college or university program working towards an undergraduate or advanced degree
- If you’re a high school student graduating as a senior and have been accepted to an degree program, you are eligible
- If you’re a Ph.D candidate, you can qualify based on the current status of your research
- If you are a student graduating in the Spring, and not actively accepted into a advanced program, you are NOT eligible for a Vertex internship
- The degree you’re pursuing should be relevant to the internship for which you are applying
- You must have a minimum of a 3.2/4.0 GPA (B average) 4.2/5.0 scale
- You should be able to demonstrate the Vertex Core Values
- It is preferable if you are involved in extracurricular activities
- You must be able to work on-site at the Vertex location of the internship
- You must be legally eligible to work in the United States
How to apply:
- Available Vertex internships will be posted on the Vertex website at (INSERT URL)
- You will need to complete an online candidate profile on our careers site, submit a current version of your resume and submit your profile to the internship(s) in which you are interested
- Each application received will be reviewed based upon the individual qualifications listed for each internship
- To be considered, you must meet the minimum requirements listed above for each internship to which you are applying
An exciting career awaits you at Vertex. Start your job search here.